Monday 4 August 2014

Let the Games Begin!

Let the Games Begin:


The Commonwealth games is almost here to entertain you from( can’t tell you)..... Wondering where the commonwealth games is being held. Make sure to have a Scottish accent when you are sitting in your seat, because this year it is being held in Scotland Glasgow. Get ready for some spectacular moments of sprinting, Badminton, Shot pot, Swimming and much more. 71 countries competing with over more than 2,000 athletes. See one of the most fastest swimmers, sprinters, cyclists and even the most strongest shot putters. Make sure to book a ticket to 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth games.    





The countries I am supporting is Pakistan, New Zealand and Malaysia. Guess what? I am not even from any of those countries and I am supporting them. Why? You ask. Well glad you did because I come from Afghanistan, Afghanistan’s neighbors is Pakistan( Afghanistan is not in the commonwealth games). I have no particular reason for malaysia but they are the only muslim country that almost participates in every event. I support New Zealand too because I live in New Zealand.  Now lets get over what country I am supporting and go to sports.


The first game is scheduled on the 24 July 9:00, this game is called badmington a sport almost like tennis. In badminton instead of a ball they have this round bottle cap( kind of like that) underneath a, well it is like that thing for weddings where girls put on that thing to cover their face. That is upside down and hard on the bottle cap. After you have that grab a racket and let the games begin( start like how they start in tennis). Michelle chan a female representing New Zealand. Kevin Dennerly-Minturn a male also representing New Zealand in Badminton. Good luck to both of those badmingtons.


HOCKEY!!! A sport never played by me but a sport absolutely that can be recognised by me. Who could never hate hockey, “ I do because they keep on hitting me in the leg” lets ignore him and get down to playing this event. First of all your game must include gear, flat field( no bumpy grass), and of course something to hit with your stick. Now you must be thinking “ What are you talking about”? Well I call it a stick but it isn't, this is a flat stick and at the bottom comes a curve to hit a flat round ball. Seriously I don’t know why everything is so flat in hockey, actually not everything. This is a team event that is like soccer only you use the incredible flat stick, including the round flat ball.



It is going to be a blast learning about the commonwealth games, wonder who is going to win. I am so excited I could just sprint across the water like a rock and go to Scotland Glasgow. Make sure you watch the Commonwealth games.

       

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.