Tuesday 25 November 2014

Away from Camp

Away from Camp




Tuesday, the day the year 6’s departed to camp Bentzon on Kawau Island. Unfortunately I didn’t go, when I arrived to my class. To my surprise Mrs Jacobsen stayed behind to look after the remaining kids including some year 5’s from our class.

She introduced us to a slide of what seemed to be called Flash Trash. Explaining that it meant to create whatever you want out of trash. Though everything does not have to be made out of recycled rubbish. I finished my project with my partner Zack, we made a Skytower, a Pom Pom and a wave witch Zack made. Also in our creation we had to have a story from what we made, we called it The Tsunami, Pom Pom of Auckland.

For the next 2 days after Morning Tea we had ICT/Music(ICT means to create an animation). In music we were learning some cords of the guitar. One of them is the A cord, which was used in a song we were learning called Tou Tala Tala. I successfully completed it.

When the clock stroke 12:30 we swapped going to ICT while the other group enter’s Music. Our animation relates to our topic Art Attack. A picture had to be chosen from one of the artists in the 1800s known as the Victorian Era. We then made a story out of that piece of art.


As friday ended I thought to myself “not going to camp wasn’t so bad after all”. We had free time after lunch for the whole hour. I guess I could still have a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.