Tuesday 6 May 2014

Immersion Asemmbly

Immersion Assembly

I woke up by the sound of my brothers and sisters eating breakfast, holly cheese I just remembered today was the first day of Term 2, at Point England School. I changed my clothes then ate my breakfast and put my lunchbox in my bag. After what seemed like forever we set out to go to school.

As I arrived I saw a board with this term's topic but that's a surprise for later( I am not going to tell you yet). The second bell had rang and soon the hall will be filled with students. When everybody was settled Mr Burt, our principal announced this term's topic - "I like to move it, move it." At the end of the Immersion Assembly I thought about my favourite item and least favourite item. One item that was confusing was team three's. There item was about colours and light, like how the rainbow was made but that was quite easy the rest were way too overboard. I wish I was a year 3 or 4 so I could learn more about colours.


What got me hooked in was Team 1's item about being a zoo keeper and man they are gonna learn a lot. Also I picked up some words saying that tomorrow, 6th of may they are going to travel to Auckland zoo and find out how to be a zoo keeper and they are going to compare the equipment there and some of the year 1's home collectibles.

What my team was going to learn about was flotation. Like what floats and doesn't also displace(when weight is put into water, that amount of water rises). Buoyancy means , for example a stick can float. We also got to answer questions then have a prize.

Immersion Assembly was fun and I wonder what next term's topic is.

            

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aaron great job and I want to learn more about colours to keep up the great work

    From josh

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.