Monday 26 August 2013

Cross Country 2013

The whole school is ready to run. It is cross country on the 22 of August 2013. The Nine,Ten and Eleven year old boys and girls are doing a 1.5 km run on the reserve. Why did we do it well maybe it is to get us fit or maybe it is just a competition. We had to sit on the court for a long time before our race. I was baking in the sun and was very hot. Finally it was time for my race. Mrs Jarman came to get us to take us to the start line. Mr Burt was the starter, he explained what we had to do. First we put our feet together on the line when Mr Burt said “On your marks” then when Mr Burt said “get set” we put our strongest foot back, Mr Burt pushed the button on his loudspeaker that made a noise. The race had started and off we went, I got so nervous that I could not feel my legs. When we went past the year 7 and 8’s they were cheering for us very loudly and so that is how I got passed by a little bit of people. Even though I was getting tired, I never stopped running. So far Lee was coming first. It was really muddy, I got a lot of squelchy mud between my toes as I was running. Finally I was almost there to the finish line. I was sprinting so much that I think I beat three people . I felt so exhausted and tired at the end of my race. What I did enjoy was running. What I did not enjoy was not coming in the top three. Next year I just wish that the fastest people will be away, giving me a chance to finish first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.