Friday 20 March 2015

Arriving at the Birthday of ASB's 40th Pollyfest

Tired, I got up to the alarm at 6 o'clock in the morning on 19th of March 2015, in the inside of me, I was exited to be going to the Polly fest but on the outside of me, I did not show any emotions. My dad packed me a full lunchbox and a breakfast, toast mixed with egg yummy. The ASB Poly fest is located in Manakau, I have no idea about what the Poly fest has but I do watch a few videos of it on YouTube. Our Teachers thought that we are a good bunch of year 7 and 8's, so why not go to the Poly fest as a treat.    


Arriving outside the entrance, we patiently waited for room 3 to meet us. Thirty minutes past and no sign there was of Room 3. Out of frustration finally, we got to enter the entrance. Turned out the driver dropped us at the wrong entrance though room 3 were dropped at the right entrance. To my relief, we were still allowed to enter. Meeting the other schools, we all sat listening to a lady to entertain us. Her last part speaking was someone famous we were going to meet. So many people guessed but finally John Key was revealed to be the famous person. A speech was said by him and we were dismissed to school programs.

We played so much, er even saw a fire demonstration. Wow what a day, I am sure glad to come to the polyfest. We even got a goodie bag from ASB. We saw two performances, both from Maori. I sure hope next year we can go to the polyfest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.